The cost for driver's education is $325.00 for both segments and includes all materials.
To register, submit the registration, a copy of birth certificate and $25.00
The remaining $300.00 can be paid on the first day or split into two payments due on the first day and the third day of the final week of class.
Segment I includes 24 classroom hours, the state exam and 6 hours driving.
Segment II includes 6 hours of classroom and the state exam.
For additional information please call 734-848-9344.
Drivers Education Class: Segment I
|Oct. 24- 27||7 - 9 pm|
|Oct. 31 - 3||7 - 9 pm|
|Nov.7 - 10||7 - 9 pm|
Make up day: November 14 (3:00 - 5:00 p.m.)
|Feb. 27 - March 2||7 - 9 pm|
|March 6 - 9||7 - 9 pm|
|March 13 - 16||7 - 9 pm|
Make up day: March 17 (3:00 - 5:00 p.m.)
|June 5 - 8||3 - 5 pm|
|June 12 - 15||3 - 5 pm|
|June 19 - 22||3 - 5 pm|
Make up day June 23 (3:00 - 5:00 p.m.)
Drivers Education Class: Segment II
Segment II Classes
|Fall 2016||Oct. 3, 10 and 17||7 - 9 pm|
|Winter 2016||January 9, 18, and 23||3 - 5 pm|
|Spring 2017||April 3, 10 and 12||7 - 9pm|
|Summer 2017||June 5, 12 and 19||5 - 7 pm|
Note - Students must attend all days. There are no make up days for Segment II.
Driver Education Certification –Segment One
- A teen must be 14 years, 8 months old to enroll in a Segment One driver education course.
- Segment One must include:
- 24 hours of in-class instruction.
- 6 hours of behind-the-wheel instruction.
- Once a teen successfully completes Segment One, a green Michigan Department of Education Segment One Certificate of Completion is issued by the driver education instructor. The certificate of completion is not a permit to drive and may not be used as a driver’s license.
Driver Education Certification —Segment TwoSegment Two of driver education consists of six hours of classroom instruction. Driver education instructors may also provide some on-the-road driving instruction. To enroll in a Segment Two driver education course, the teen must have:
- Completed a Segment One driver education course at least 90 days prior to enrolling in Segment Two.
- Obtained a Level 1 License.
- Completed at least 30 of the mandatory 50 hours of parent-teen driving, which includes 2 of the 10 hours of night-time driving.
- When the teen completes Segment Two, a white Michigan Department of Education Segment Two Certificate of Completion will be issued by the driver education instructor.